Spicy Minced Pork
- Prasuma premium minced pork – 500g
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or canola or sunflower cooking oil)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 medium onions (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- 2 tablespoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 medium tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 1/2 lime (or lemon, juiced)
- Garnish: fresh cilantro leaves (chopped)
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or deep pan over medium heat. Add the cumin seeds and fry for 1 minute or until the seeds stop spluttering.
- Add the onions and sauté till they turn a pale golden color – about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger pastes and fry for 1 minute to get rid of the “raw” fragrance.
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Add the coriander, cumin, garam masala, and salt to taste and sauté, stirring almost continuously, until the oil begins to separate from the masala. (When this happens, you know the spices are cooked to perfection.)
- Add the meat to the masala and sauté until browned, stirring often to prevent burning – about 5 to 7 minutes. Add the tomatoes, stir, and cook until they are soft.
- Turn off the heat, add the lime or lemon juice, and stir to mix well.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.