Pepperoni, Artichoke and Fresh mozzarella Pizza
Pepperoni has become synonymous with pizza and for good reason…it has a lovely hint of heat, stays succulent but still caramelises and pairs well with almost anything you put with it!
Yield: Serves 2-4
- 1 thin pizza base
- 50g pizza sauce
- 1 cup pizza cheese
- 1/4 red onion sliced thinly lengthways
- 6 slices Prasuma Pepperoni (Pork, Chicken or Lamb)
- 3 chargrilled artichokes sliced in half
- 3 baby fresh mozzarella balls cut in half
- Good quality olive oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil leaves
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Preheat your oven as hot as possible
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the pizza base leaving a 3cm edge.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese and then red onion. Place the pepperoni onto the pizza and then the artichokes. Drizzle the whole pizza with olive oil and season.
- Pop the pizza into the hot oven for 10 mins then remove and evenly place the fresh mozzarella onto the pizza. Pop it back in the oven for a further 5-8 mins and remove once the edges have become crispy and golden and the fresh mozzarella is just starting to melt.
- To serve garnish with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil leaves and a good drizzle of olive oil.