Chilli & Vinegar Momo
Ingredients For the Sauce:
- 4-5 whole dried red chillis
- 2 tsp sichuan peppercorns
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp vinegar (mixture of 2 tablespoons rice vinegar and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic (about 3 medium cloves)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Ingredients To Cook and Serve:
- 2 tbsp lightly crushed roasted peanuts (optional)
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
For the Sauce
- Place chilies and Sichuan peppercorns on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high until toasted and aromatic, about 15 seconds. Transfer to a mortar and pestle or a food processor and crush. Transfer to a small saucepan.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat until simmering. Immediately pour hot oil over chili/peppercorn mixture (it should sizzle). Let cool for 5 minutes then transfer to a medium bowl. Add sesame oil and set aside.
- Combine sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic in a small bowl and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add chili oil mixture. Set aside until ready to use. (Sauce can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks).
To Cook and Serve:
- Heat oil in a pan. Arrange Prasuma momos in a single layer on the pan and heat until base in evenly brown. Add water into the pan until the momos are 1/3 immersed in water. Cook on high heat until the water evaporates and the momos heat up nicely. Be careful not to burn the momos. Transfer the momos to a serving platter. Spoon sauce on top. Sprinkle with peanuts and chopped coriander and serve immediately.